Friday, August 1, 2008

Birthday Time & Some Selfishness

It's almost my birthday, a couple more days. I'll be turning 19 soon, but that's only a number. If you were to ask me how I felt, I'd probably tell you some number in the young teens, I don't feel any older, just wiser. I tend to try to ignore my age and whatever number it is. You just end up getting stuck in a stereotypical self-awareness and think that your age has something to do with how you act and how you are. Me, myself, I'll act as I please no matter how old I am. I'd rather forget my age and just live.

I don't receive presents anymore, but I also tell my relatives and friends to not worry about it, it's just a hassle to ponder and try to find something I'll like. I tend to get a little bit of money still, just for the sake of it, the family just doesn't find it right if I receive nothing. With that being said, I probably haven't splurged on myself, currency wise, in about 2 years. This is without including buying few necessities like clothes and shoes. I actually have about four ideas of what I could do. I could either save money up and pay my car insurance, get a tattoo that I've been craving, buy a bike, 15 or 30-band equalizer, or nothing. Insurance is a necessity as well as having money, but lately, just for the fun of it I want to get back into freestyle BMX,. I was in it for awhile when I was younger, but I wrecked my bike about 4-5 years ago, bent down handlebars never really suited me. I also want to start playing music again, I quit so long ago.

Since this is my birthday weekend, I think, perhaps, I'll be around visiting. Maybe you'll see me.

No comments: